@#$!@# OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

i hit the tarmac for the first time in a good while on my a.m. commute today. i'm motivated to get back into a groove and get some good work done, so it was up pretty early @ 5.10 and on the road at maybe 6.00. i've stated that i've had a run of back bike luck of late, and it continued this a.m. with a noticible 'click' in the bottom bracket area of the LHT. simply stated, a two month old bike should have ANY bottom bracket issues, esp all those proficient sealed units out there now. so at 6.10 in the a.m. on the way to work i'm worried about my BB discombobulating. well, i continue in the cool but reasonable temps. i travel down...again i'm forgetting a word..the Oak extension. i was fiddling with my handlebar or something when I either thwacked the bar left or got caught up in my light wire. I jerk left, regain some type of control, and then careen left again, and BOOM, the elegant feel of hard tarmac all over the right side of my body- shoulder, knee, hand, hip, OTHER hip?? really i'm very lucky b/c i ended up more left than i should've and could've been very run over if a car had been behind me, but no, that part of luck played out.

i very gingerly got up, leaned my bike against a pole and proceeded to amble up and down the alley for a sec and collect myself. nothing overly injured. bike in tact. for the record, three 'strawberries' on right knee, bruise on right hip, bruise on right shoulder- and small hole in good REI jacket, and bruise on left thigh. OUCH!!

and the bottom bracket click was still with me.

while the forecast called for similar or warmer temps, it actually got colder in the p.m., from 45 down to 39 or so. i happened to catch 'sheryl' and headed out for what i'll call a brisk ride home, heading down Lexington, through Seneca for 3 hills, and across Seneca Gds.

a good mileage day, and hopefully an end to this crappy luck.

17m total/7.5 a.m./9.5 p.m./14avg p.m./45temp a.m./39 and breezy p.m.

Comments

Popular Posts