Anti-Mojo

Date: Oct 30 Thurs
Weather: 60F
Mileage: 10+2
October mileage: 306
Year to date: 2473

Se me perdio el mojo. I'm a rhythm guy and I've lost my it. A week or more of intense gunk and the loss of the morning routine have my commuting difficult lately. Fact is, we're getting our tile this week after a year without a kitchen. That is something to celebrate, behold as a gift to the family and to our peace of mind, but it means that I don't have access right now to my clothes-strewn bathroom. No excuses though. I prepared a paper bag of appropriate cycling clothes last night to ride, but waking up with snot and a scratchy throat do not make jumping out of bed for a coldmorning ride easy. On top of that is the fact, well, BMC. I'm out of routine and that is that.

Tonight I'm going to a Rawk Show here in the 'Ville, going to see the Drive-By Truckers and the Hold Steady on their Rock-n-Roll Means Well tour. I rode the Trek401SS down there to buy tix (with an extra 2m from Wednesday when the boys and I went to Staples and home). The best would've been to rid down a little later, watch the show and then ride home, but I need to come back and support the kiddies' trunk-r-treat even at church. There was good chocolate to boot (oops, pun, boot? getit?), but now it's a quick entry of an actual bike ride and then a rawk show to razzle dazzle. Being a bit more mature, I'll decide whether to rock into the morning or whether at some point I'll say, "OK, fun, but it's bed for me". I predict I last until 11.30, at which rawk music saturation will take hold and I'll pull a Duran. "No mas!"

Tomorrow it's back on the horse. The weather will be nice, so a 30m day should get me back into the groove for a 3-grand year.

Comments

lithodale said…
I would call it more like 11:00...oh well. Man, what a rawk show that was. I think it ended around 12:15. I scored a ride home from my buddy Ian. Incidentally his girlfriend said "You were here with my old high school teacher Mr S.!" It gave me a hearty chuckle.

I'm sorry to have broken away but I was pulled in by the tractor beam as soon as THS got started. The kids ended up doing their "mash pit dancing" including some huge determined crowd surfer guy who would just not stop. The guy was pushing 250.

Did you you see some guy wearing a CSA bandanna? His buddy next to him had an 'Mericun Flag bandanna - bizarro.

The broken bottle situation was out of control on the floor.

The show ended with Patterson Hood coming back out with THS. The predictably played some ironic cover songs in full hipster glory. I could care less - I was all in.

I'm looking to bang about about 15 miles today - it'll put me over 250 for the month. Knock out that 30 - you'll be glad you did.

Popular Posts