Grin

Date: Oct 20 Mon
Weather: 41F/68F sunny
Mileage: 16
October mileage: 278
Year to date: 2445

First morning in a while where I felt "cold" at 41F. I know that in 2 months this will be balmy, but I had to wear warmer gloves and a wool hat. I can't seem to find my wool tights- i have a sneaking suspicion they're at work- so i had to find other tights as well. i wore a long-sleeved wool base, a short-sleeve wool top and a thin windbreaker. It worked pretty well. I went the part route this morning and at some point got this stupid grin on my face for most of the ride. There was nowhere else I would've rather been than on the bike in the cold-ish in the dark on the LHT with the SON doing the job. It was great and that mood carried through the rest of the day. I wish I could bottle that for other days too. Maybe I can. Just ride more and let it all release.

There's a Buddhist meditation chant that can do anybody some good:

Breathe in/Breathe out
Breathe deeply/Breathe long
Be calm/Be at ease
Smile/Release
This is the Perfect moment/Every moment is a Perfect moment

I know many a cyclist have hit that moment, that relaxed, steady perfect moment where you just turn the wheel and that's all you do. That's meditation my friends (and I hate that McCain has stolen that from us). Be in the moment. And this morning, I was in that moment.

Peace and happy miles.

Comments

Doug said…
Been there...and I agree...very cool place to be!

Popular Posts