Oops

Date: Oct 27 Mon
Weather: 40F/46F cloudy
Mileage: 15
October mileage: 294
Year to date: 2461

I sit here with a bemused grin on my face. I rode for the first time since last Monday, having licked 80% of the great ick that had beset me last week. It was somewhat chilly this morning, so I moved to thicker gloves and a warmer headband. The plan this afternoon was for me to stay after and get some extra work done and then go to the boys' school at 4.30 to help set up for tonight's band concert. I did so dutifully. Upon arrival, I found that everything was already set up- tables+chairs, band, orchestra and choir pits and food tables in the lobby. The fam was to meet me there at 6.00, 'Z's call time. I hemmed and hawed as to whether the good wife should bring the truck down to transport me home, as I'm not feeling entirely perky and ready for a 9.00p.m. return home. I finally grew some and said, "no way. I'm riding!".

Since the concert set-up was a go, I decided to rideo on home to meet them here and go back down to the show with en carro. Riding up the street I notice no wife car. Oops. I come in to find no wife nor children. Oops. I have an overwhelming suspicion that they left early to grab some supper since I wasn't here. Well, now I'm home but they're not. I have to go back down to the concert, so that's not an option. The option IS whether to ride back down or drive. Again, if I could ride down and get a tote home that would be the best. I'm still tired enough and still snifly enough to not want the 9.00 shift. I predict that I drive down and destroy all that good commuter karma I've spent the day building up. Oh well.

Comments

Apertome said…
Don't feel bad about driving back, you already got some extra miles in, it sounds like.

Popular Posts