Peaceful Commute

Date: Oct 15 Wed
Weather: 62F/76F overcast
Mileage: 13
October mileage: 219
Year to date: 2386

After my ick and Tuesday fallout I was back on the bike today. I still feel like the ticker is jiggly on occasion, but I'm going forward. This morning was short, sweet and painless. I did decide to use the Serfas taillight on static and the Planet Bike clip on flash. This observation would only be important to a small ## of those who were trying to decide the best way to protect themselves from a certain mauling at 6.30a.m. :-)

I worked all the way from 7-8p.m., staying for an after-school program that basically went from 5-8. I head home quite calmly. I don't like riding the night darkness near as much as the morning- more traffic. But tonight's traffic was relatively light and the evening air had a cool, clean feel that this morning's didn't. Less humidity? I picked the fam up at church on the way home and the good wife had some spaghetti/bread/salad leftovers from Wednesday Night Out. Thanks to her and 'L' for a nice welcome home after a long day's work.

And I still love the LHT, even though the rear mech/derailer isn't shifting for shit right now. Billy at Clarksville fiddled with it, but to no avail. It's another trip, another shop, or worse me screwing with it. I think all the SS riders have the idea. 'Course, the SS Trek's BB is squeeking like shit too. good I have more than 2 bikes. :-)

Peace and safety out there.

Comments

Popular Posts