Sports Notes

  • An article about la Furia Roja. They have so much talent in the attack that it should be an interesting qualification and Copa Mundial.
  • The Cats came back with a big win, proving what a terrible fan I am. I saw a few portions of the game and lost any hope of a positive result and didn't watch the end, you know, the last 5 minutes when they scored 2 TDs to take the win at home vs. my homestate of Arkansas (born in Monticello).
  • The 'Boys lost again, leaving everyone flummoxed at the amount of talent and the lack of results. I'm not a huge NFL fan, leaving only a Cowboys run to interest me. That said, they haven't done a damn thing in the playoffs in a long time, so at least I won't waste Sundays in December on football.
  • Real came back in a wacky game to win the Madrid derbi in dramatic fashion, in the 6th minute of stoppage play on a PK. Drenthe was taken down for the 2nd time in s.p. giving Higuain a chance to take the 1-2 win for Real, snatching victory from the jaws of a draw. Both teams played the entire 2nd half a man down, and this after Ruud scored in the 34th second- yes, second- to put Real up early. I missed it b/c I thought it was Sunday, and came in from 'L' soccer to watch the last 5 minutes including the winner.
  • And finally, 'L's team lost Saturday and tied today to bring us close to a fall-season end of minor futility. I haven't seen a team suffer so at the hands of gods of fate in the while, so many lucky goals and so many unlucky bounces. As is said, you make your luck.

Comments

Popular Posts