Mas bike jog

Dough is getting bored with his blogging and I understand a bit why. You can say "I rode" only so many different ways, but right now, amidst mucho tennis and school, any time on the bike is a garnish on an otherwise messy cake. I had a brief window today after school and before indoor practice (weather, you know), so I again rode the Bleriot and took a 7-miler. I liked it and I've found it an excellent antidote for work stress and business this time of year.

As for bikes, yes, the QB is on the way, perhaps arriving next week some time. As someone stated, it'll be my 2nd RBW ride, but I'm hesitant to put myself in the category of someone with 2 Rivs. I just checked and a new Homer Hilsen frame costs more than the entire QB. The Bleriot, a bike I like very much, listed for around $1700, but a Saluki- same fundamental bike albeit with fancier finishing- listed for twice that. So, yes, I'll now have 2 rivrides, but for the price of a "real" riv. We have a big furniture-storage locker-couch-Detroit-grandma's table round robin fiasco to undertake in May and at the start of the summer. With that and some toy culling, I'm going to get the garage in tip-top bike shape this summer. I scratched the devil out of the head tube of the Bleriot, and I don't want to do the same to the QB.

Pretty soon we'll be into the thick of Regions and eventually the State tournament, so I'll prolly be disappearing again, but my bike jogs with continue with me. I'm almost 400m ahead of 2008 pace, which puts me on a near-3000m pace for the year. With a little more century training this summer, I'll feeling the need to enjoy every minute of it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Tejas,

Having the annual Derby Party tomorrow afternoon starting at 3:00pm. Sorry we didn't get info out sooner. Actually I tried on Facebook, but I don't guess you saw it.

Happy Derby Day,
LuvDoug

Popular Posts