Buddhish

This entry from thinkBuddha.org fits me to a Perfect "T" at this point in my study. It could be a wankerish way to non-commitment, but it does the trick. It's better than calling myself a "Christian" but only going to church at Easter and Christmas and following almost nothing of what Jesus actually preached. Sometimes I wish I could see all these mega-church Christians at the gates and see what an ass-kicking they're going to receive. Well, if I believed that was actually possible to take place.

It's why I don't get to wrapped up in karmic reincarnation. Once I'm "dead", I can't really know what "happens", so I live in the present, mindful of decreasing my own suffering in the moment, and especially mindful of practicing more loving-kindness. I've been a bitter ass for 37 years, so the next 37 should instead be the converse, don't you think?

Oh, and I had a great bit of Walking Meditation this morning. A little rain, the smell of rain, birdsong, woodpecker rattles, others walking, spring peeking out from leaves and from branch, more birdsong, fresh breeze and wind. Good Stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think I am also Buddhish. Lately, I have been seriously thinking about going to a temple, taking refuge and becoming "official." I'm not sure what difference it would make, but it would be nice to have a one-word answer when people ask me if I'm a buddhist.

Popular Posts