Derby City Cup III-Pics

The whoop-di-doo section including sand pit. This is in the first lap, and Katie Compton was already distancing herself form the field.

Another Chris Horner- 15th in 2008 Tour- sighting. He raced today in a Pedro's jersey, and he was rather middle of the pack.

Sand portion. I wanted to show some of the crowd too. This was a fav area. I swear there were more people here, but the leaders had gone through so some of the crowed moved.

Crowd area including beer, pizza, and numerous bike booths, along with booth from local fav LBS. They finally saw my Bleriot. Oops. I seemed to have bought that elsewhere.

Fans. Need I say more?

Tim Johnson, today's winner, over barriers.

Men over "Green Monster". It was pretty steep.

Ryan Trebon, all 6'5" of him. Giant. 2nd on the day but Johnson was too strong late in the race. If I were to guess winner mid-race, I would've said Trebon. Johnson was looking spent, but obviously I was wrong.
Podiuim, withe Jeremy Powers 3rd.

And lastly, some videos taken on the camera. I've never added these before, but bike race pics seem appropriate. The quality ain't so good, but that's alright;

Comments

Doug said…
That one picture I can see the Pugsley guy walking his Pugs and there is a group of people all looking at his fat tires. That happens all the time to me. I don't mean to criticize, but I think the Surly t-shirt is over the top.

Popular Posts