Maybe Friday



I didn't have time last night to wax poetic on this plan/dream/folly/nightmare, but as I sit here this morning (after having wrangled the teenager out of bed), I express concerns about my plot. Simply put, we've been going to WakonDa'HO (something like that) Family Camp for 7 years and I've grown to really enjoy it. It's a peaceful 2 days full of "chill": food, cards, softball, naps, and a little religion for those inclined. For those 7ish years, I've stated, "I want to ride to FC", and for 7ish years, I haven't done so. Just two weekends ago Dave and I pulled off a 79-miler, which aside a rough patch from 50-60 due to food issues, was high doable. After that I got it in my head to finally pull off the Family Camp Century. I have this route, which would include several store stops and a city bus ride to that gets me to the outskirts of L'Ville and around morning traffic. It also gets me, as you can see, to just over the century mark. My attitude says, "Hell Yeah!!!", but my concerns say that yesterday went from 5.30-9.00 literally without a break, and today will be 5.30-9.00 without a break. I'm tired and won't be able to catch up. So what does that mean in mile 70 when the sinew snaps? I don't know. When texting @Lithodale last night I was an enthusiastic 95/5, but I have to come home after work/supervision work/OpenHouse to prep the car and pack my own crap, all so I can get on the road by 7.00 or so. Hmm...

Comments

Pondero said…
Wow, big miles. Good luck.
Apertome said…
That looks like quite a ride! It's not just long, it's hilly, too!

I hope you'll go for it. Make sure you eat a good breakfast and take in as many calories as you can along the way. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Just Do It!

Take it slow, eat and drink well. Enjoy life.

Popular Posts