Active October

I'm in the midst of this-and-that, so October was a busy month on the bike. Basically, my son had my car the entire month, so I lived somewhat Car-free. I didn't work every day of the month due to PD days, but of the days that there was school, I commuted by bike to work on every one of them save yesterday, Halloween. I was also on the bike every day of the month, which I'm sure is a first. My mileage ended up being 471, which I've superseded plenty of times, but it was/has been an interesting journey to live a true Car-free lifestyle. I'm sure I borrowed my car somewhere in there, but I did all my grocery shopping and errand running my bike, and only drove if I was driving the fam around for some reason (complicated).

As I begin November I find myself truly car-free. We traded in the Volvo yesterday to bring down the cost of my son's new car, a nice, dependable Honda Accord. He's happy and I'm happy for him. I ended up catching a ride from him because we had to time things for after-school, post-dinner at my mom's for Halloween. Sort of wish I had ridden somehow.  Now I find myself sans wheels, and that's alright. The only drawback I can think of is not being able to get frozen stuff all the way from Trader Joe's to the house; I don't think I'm ambitious enough to use coolers and ice and whatnot. I just won't eat Trader Joe's. And at some point I'll pick up something motorized, maybe even soon.

Lastly, it's been a very warm, dry Fall here- as I'm sure it's been elsewhere- so the riding has been easy. This morning's commute will be 63F and dry, with the afternoon in the upper-70's or even 80's. Yeah Global Warming!!

Comments

Popular Posts