Cold Commutes

Date: Jan 14 Mon
Mileage: 14 (LHT)
January mileage: 122
Year to date: 122

Date: Jan 15 Tues
Mileage: 19 (Bleriot)
January mileage: 141
Year to date: 141

I can't say I've overly enjoyed the last 2 commuting days. Yesterday it was brisk at 28F and I slightly under dressed. I'm having problems with NPR giving a different temp on the 6.30 report than what weather.com has once I'm at work, and I'm inclined to believe the weather.com report. I'm also having some shifting problems on the LHT. Yesterday afternoon it misshifted on an uphill switch and I almost bit the dust. I did some strange maneuver and ended up running uphill with the bike between my legs. I bashed my shin a bit, but it could've been much uglier. I took the Bleriot today. As ever it was a great ride. This afternoon ended up being pretty nice at about 33F and sunny. Again I experienced the disparity of the NPR report at 25F and weather.com at 19. That's a decent sized difference for the low temps. I brought out the heavier artillery this morning w/ the Bellweather winter jacket and Pearl Izumi lobster gloves (that sounded like a cheesy ad out of the "Truman Show" movie).

I think I'm just behind on sleep some and need to rest. I don't feel spritely and it's affecting my riding. I'll still blame the wine and lethargy from Sunday.

Comments

amidnightrider said…
I like NPR a lot, but when it comes for checking the weather? Call me neurotic, but I go with the report done by the organization that has "weather" in it's name. 8>)

The weekend is approaching. That'll give you time to catch up on the rest.

Popular Posts