Breakfast @ The Championships

I'm bummed. After getting back in from Lex last night at 1.30, I made the plan to get up, get coffee and a danish and sit down at watch Federer win his 6th straight Wimbledon. Instead, the bull Rafa Nadal has taken the first 2 sets and looks to be too powerful, too rock solid for Roger to achieve that. I like Rafa a lot. He's respectful, humble. He plays a great game and he's a real pleasure to watch. That said, I've never seen a more graceful, beautiful tennis player than Federer and I want to see him break Sampras' mark of 14 grand slams. If Roger loses today, I can see him not achieving that. There are SO many examples of tennis "lights" where, when they burn out, they burn out quickly: Borg, McEnroe, Edberg, Courier, Sampras less so b/c he seemed to always win Wimbledon. Rafa is a true beast and perhaps Roger won't be able to eclipse him anymore. Perhaps he will, nonetheless, it bums me out a bit.

Oh, and the Tour started yesterday. 'Balaverde' won. Yippee! Right?

Comments

Popular Posts