Paris-Redux Recon II

I exploded out the door this afternoon for a 1-hour recon fest, tying Butchertown with Crescent Hill and back through the park. Crescent Hill provided me (us) with 3 nice stretches of brick and should provide a nice closing backdrop before the Beargrass Trail and back through Cherokee to finish up the ride. I did decide to move 2 early portions next to Cherokee Pkwy to be finishing stretches. It's gonna be fun, or at least tiring.

**It should be noted that the above cobblestone pic is, in fact, nowhere near the 'Ville. I assume it's some bucolic European village, but our ride will be a bit grittier and a bit less pintoresco.

Comments

Pondero said…
Very, very cool. You have my admiration and respect, sir. We need photo documentation of that ride.
Apertome said…
Ouch! That does look tiring. Looking forward to hearing how it went.
John S. said…
There are a few brick roads in Clifton. I made a map in Google, so hopefully this link will work...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=110857585749661069832.000466a67b9db58f318d9
LvilleTex said…
Nice piece of work done with the map John. I don't have experience using googlemaps like this, but I'm definitely interested in doing this for the Highlands and Old 'ville. thanks.

FWIW, I have the ride using Embree and State. What is not shown on the googlemap is that you can use an alley to exit out of State by the tracks, and not as a dead end as it's shown.
jimmy said…
stoked on this one... and scared.

Popular Posts