Long-n-Hot

After doing some quality mileage with Dave recently, I got up early today (before the Spain match) and hit the road about 7.00 on the Bleriot. The route combines some SW Jeff Co. roaming,including the climb of Holsclaw which runs well over a mile of acclivity, although the steep meat of it runs closer to a half mile, and some more riding on the Levee trail, I can access these areas from the house without too much fuss, so I took the Levee trail again despite its flatness. My only really issue, again, was saddle discomfort. For some reason, I've had some lately, even on vaunted Brooks saddles. Today, as the other day, I liberally applied some Vaseline, but it was more just strange contact points. The other concern was that I found, at the southern portion of the loop, that the store at Knob Creek Rd. and 44 had closed. This is highly unfortunate; it's a perfect halfway refill point. Alas, no more. I visited the story at Orell and Blevins Gap, but that store always seems full of crackheads. BUT it did have cold Powerade (no Gatorade, my preferred). I was out just short of 5hrs (ride time) for 65 miles. After today, I'm not as confident that I could make the full leg to Lexington next weekend, as I've been considering. It's really quite hot. I went through 5 full bottles today and think I would have problems keeping hydrated on the somewhat isolated Lou/Lex route I've been looking at.

Comments

Laura said…
I don't know exactly how hot it is there, but it's brutal here. I'm impressed that you rode so far in it!
LvilleTex said…
No, it's definitely hotter there. When I finished it was something like 93F. Lots of sun, lots of humidity. I saw online that you had the most unhealthy air of anywhere in the country today.
lithodale said…
I think it might be time to switch to a Selle Turbo or something kickass like that...

On a serious note - has that saddle gotten out of adjustment? Height? Setback? Fore/aft?

Time for a fresh PBH measurement?

Popular Posts