the Cyclops piper leads his flock

The next week gets about as good as can be here in the 'Ville for real cycling, not that plastic clothes, toy truck version that gets the all the press. Following is our list of fun:

Sunday 10/10- It's starting things off with my own creation, an 80m gravel fest near Louisville courtesy of the very small RiverCityCyclingSociety. As of now, 3 of us will pound the very remote roads near Ferdinand, IN (an hour's drive), many of which will supply us the necessary vitamin G to kickstart Fall. I have space for another bike or two, so drop me a line.



Saturday 10/16- Things get much better next Saturday, with not one but two co-hosted events for our many bikeunique brethren. At Shelby Park, which is smack in the middle of da 'hood, we have a Pedalers' Picnic starting at 12. If I understand, it'll be hosted by our new Bike Louisville guy Andy and looks to include lots of fun stuff. I found out today that freshmen aren't running in Owensboro, so I'm there. Dave has been doing Sat morning rides for the RCCS, so it seems like  perfect dovetail.



After the picnic, the real fun continues with the Bluegrass Boondoggle, our 'ville bike polo tournament hosted by our own Angry Cyclops. This is certain to require lots of beer and good humour. I won't ride, but I will drink with them. Should be swell!


Thursday 10/21- Marks the 1yr anniversary of the Car-Free Happy Hour. I love bikes. I love booze, but I've never attended one of these. With the fam schedule, I may not be able to make this one either, but it is certainly time well spent on the bike in the Ville.




What a week! Aprovechate!!

Comments

Popular Posts