Ominous Monday

well, i HAD to ride today b/c the weather portends great calamity this middle of the week in the sloppy leftovers of hurricane Katrina. from what i can tell, it's going to rain like hell both Tue and Wed. so, off on the bike i went this a.m. fact is i checked the radar on the web to make sure and saw a nasty clump of storms just south of town. really, i rode pretty damn hard this morning, pushing the big ring on occassion on the SurlyCrossCheck, especially after feeling just a few drops here-n-there. once i got about a mile from the school, the drops turned to drizzle and such. i really buckled down on Barret into Hill and pushed it all the way to work. don't know my avg b/c i had leftover pokey mileage from friday, but that certainly had to be one of my harder a.m. rides. just after i was inside the heavens opened forth, so luck-- and hard work-- was on my side.

the p.m. forecasted possible probs as well. after a slow but enjoyable sidetrip with fellow commuter, i found myself running the whole of Baxter/Bardstown. FUN to be had. in fact, a car in front of O'Sheas seemed to have cut off my path, though maybe not at all directed at me. so that became my marker on my journey. fact is i raised the ante, doing 19-21mph on Bardstown, which is pretty damn fast for me on the commuter set up. so i got in front of said sedan at Eastern Pkwy with him waiting for the light. actually, i stayed in front of him until i pulled off around Douglass Loop for a breather from one fine interval all the way down Bardstown. not bad, hard ride a.m. and a damn good 'fartlek', as the Swedes called them in the p.m.

tomorrow does NOT look good.

14.5m total, 7 a.m., 7.5 p.m.

Comments

Popular Posts