Date: Sept
Mileage: 17.5
Ride type: Road
Bike: Bridgestone RB-1
Temp: 85 and hotish
September mileage: 91.5
Year to date: 1353.5

a good afternoon ride today undertaken on the RB-1. my grandfather- my 'Pawpaw'- is turning 80, so my aunts and uncles (there are 6 total, with my mom the oldest) threw him a surprise bday party at a church rec area near his house. there were perhaps 50 people in attendance, including some oldtimers who made the trip in. he was delighted, which was good to see for someone so weathered.

i did the trip on the Bridgestone, with the good wife, Z and L in the car. it's basically the same route i did several years ago in a fast 18mph trip i did, lights included, when i was more in-shape. today i averaged 15.5mph, with which i was pleased. it's always an adjustment getting on the RB-1. it's longer, much longer, than my position on any of my bikes now, especially the LHT or the CrossCheck. the gearing is absurd for my present purposes. i think the lowest gear is a 42x23, the lowest. dude, i practically push that on the flats now on the commute (just joking, but only a little) this route was rather flat, but i can't imagine climbing regularly with that. i had fiddled with various seat posts hace meses so the seat was pushed a little too far back. my knee angle was fine, but the reach was too too far. good hard miles though, mostly cruising at 16-17mph.

Comments

Popular Posts