Brrr

Date: Dec 7
Mileage: 19
Ride type: Commute
Bike: LHT
Temp: 33Fam/26Fpm
December mileage: 116
Year to date: 2350

slightly strange turn of events today. started mid-morning in mid 30s. forecasts were to stand pat. well, by the p.m., the temp had dropped to mid 20s and lo a great wind had rolled in from the NW. hence, my a.m. clothing didn't really have enough muscle for the 20degree colder wind chill. i did "mcguyver" myself just a bit, adding an extra headband (that i happened to have brought) to my thin balaclava, and throwing in a layer of newspaper in between my 2 too-thin jerseys under my coat. the biggie was only 1 layer on my legs, when the wind chill called for 2. and my gloves were great at 30, but i needed my lobster gloves for this next level of cold. brrrr. i've acclimated perfectly fine to being in the cold, but i can't seem to turn a gear over. had a good afternoon ride, but much of it was working north INTO the wind so i could enjoy the tailwind, but the enjoyable tailwind never seem to come. almost 20 miles in. but i do NOT see how others are doing significant mileage in the rather cold. a leaning curve it is.

Comments

Keith said…
You are a better man than me. I keep saying it will be warmer tomorrow. That should end in may. Keep pedaling.
Yeah, really important to listen to the weatherman sometimes. The other day, we started out at 35 in the morning and dropped to 16 in the afternoon. Luckily, I had heard the forecast and packed another layer, extra socks and lobsters.

But then this morning we started out at 9 above and are currently at 23. Three pairs of wool socks coming in, only two going home. So, there's that.

Popular Posts