"The Circle of Life"

Date: Dec 23
Mileage: 4.5
Ride type: Mixed
Bike: LHT
Temp: 48F
December mileage: 324.5
Year to date: 2553.5

Quick ride with boys this afternoon, in between breakfast w/ Dad and this evening's get-together w/ my Mom's family. Yes, I have time and weather to do a bigger ride myself, but it ain't gonna happen. The boys were both dragging a bit. I have or have always had the mental intention of turning them into active, sporty young men who prefer the rugged outdoors to mind-numbing video games. Instead, they spend much more time on various levels of "Madden '07" than they ever do on their bikes. These pics are quite disparate, but do sum-up the interests of today's trek.

Notice the dead animal in from of the LHT. Our power went off abt 10.15 this a.m. The LG&E worker found this poor little creature at the base of this pole about 11.00. My neighbor and his wife had just been healthily debating the causes of said power outage when the worker held it up in the air by the tail. The timing certainly made for a hearty laugh, with T giving the endless "I told you so" that K will never live down. That's the LHT with the re-mounted rack, the SON, and the new Nashbar panniers. When the fenders are in (and maybe the new tires), I'll do a more thorough pictorial, not that anybody cares.

I've made mention of the in-progress Zoo trail. The boys and I took this as a safe and non-threatening way to ride. You can tell from the pic that this fork of the Beargrass is horribly filled with big-rain trash, this smiling green tiger being a more-colorful-than-usual example. We had a good laugh at this as well.

Finally Z and L heading back from the dead-end point, both on bikes slightly too small, as least for a cyclist's taste. L has to ride standing alot b/c I don't think he can go full stroke with his legs bunched up. Z will get a new bike in the spring, one with 26" tires and a miniframe; it should last him until he's closer to full teenagerdom. L, of course, will get handmedowns.


g

Comments

Doug said…
I'm interested in seeing the LHT pics when it's done. I like seeing what others ride. Often it's where I get my best ideas.

Popular Posts