Mixed Up

Date: Dec 16
Mileage: 24ish
Ride type: Mixed/'Cross
Bike: CrossCheck
Temp: 61Fp.m.
December mileage: 272
Year to date: 2501

Another warm, nice day for a "winter" ride, albeit with more cloud cover. The UK/UL game was on @ 1.30, and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it; I had to avoid the disappointment if the Cats lost. So, I decided to venture and and amble. I had my mind of goofing around at the River Rd. CC on the 'cross bike, but but began the ride by first wandering over towards the zoo to check out the progress on the path. Someone had installed attractive wooden fences around the entrance, and had mounted big, yellow posts in the middle to keep out vehicles, but the dumb thing still ends in the middle of nothing behind the zoo.

From there I took a turn through lower Creason on the paths, and then cut through Bellarmine and towards the park. I was working from path to path, and the next were the trails in Cherokee. Most of the trails in that park had either "Trail Closed" or "No Bikes", so that made it a little discouraging. The next trail was the one bordering Seneca's golf course. I then had to work through Crescent Hill Reservoir. The next path was a small-but-curious find in between two neighborhood streets off Mockingbird Valley Rd. Frankly, it's almost impossible to describe with my limited vocab., but a pic must ensure b/c it was indeed a quaint little find. Finally, I descended to the river and to the 'cross course. 'Cross is hard. 'Nuff said. Had fun. Got muddy. At that point, the tiredness was working itself in, so I came home paralleling Story and Baxter.

The final pleasure of the day was a slight "interaction" with a dualie pickup truck on Bardstown. I was hugging between the parking lane and the car lane, and at some point he seem to be trying to squeeze me a bit. Didn't work. He got hung up in traffic and I moved on. It took him another 1.5 miles to catch up to me again. He wasn't antagonistic, but I do take satisfaction in out-dueling vehicles.



A good mixed day. Now the wait begins for the Bleriot. Got a message from Jim, and the new steed should be very close to being shipped. Apparently, there were a couple paint chips to be dealt with, but Jim is going to be very reasonable with me and compensate me for a slightly, slightly defective paint job. It may come in the guise of a Brooks saddle upgrade to one with Ti rails.(this pics isn't the exact one, but it sure is purty) Yummy!!

I just hope it can arrive before the cold comes. If not, though, there will be more warm, and cold, days to ride.

Comments

Doug said…
Can't wait to see pics of the Bleriot when it arrives!

Popular Posts