Commute

Date: Jan 16 Tues
Mileage: 13 (LHT)
January mileage: 174
Year to date: 174

A straightforward commute today, one with some wintry temps involved. Highlights included:
  • Almost rain headfirst into other guy-on-bike on Barrett/Hill. I think I did this one other time, probably to the same guy. It was cold and my head was down a little going slowly into the wind. I look up and "Hello!!". I won't call him a cyclist b/c idiot is going against traffic with nary a light in sight. He's the kind of "cyclist" that the newhounds love to call "cyclist" when reporting accidents of dumbasses causing traffic accidents.
  • It was colder vuelta today than ida- 30F in the a.m. and 26p.m., both with a crisp little breeze of 15mph or so. It was colder in the a.m. de facto with the dark and the headwind.
  • Had a few snow flurries in the p.m. That certainly is a first for me in 2007. Where's the big stuff?
  • After good input from Jim and Doug, I decided to keep Serfas phat tires and shut up about how damn slow I am. I'll just have to ride harder. I also think I need to dress more warmly in the morning, as the legs never really have a chance to do so. Today, in fact, I only had a fleece pant layer on both trips, which prob isn't warm enough for wind chills in the 20s.
  • I didn't ride this weekend b/c we were in Detroit Rock City. I have a couple nice ice pix on my sons' camera, but haven't downloaded them yet. Oh well.

Comments

Popular Posts