Date: Feb 1 Thurs
Mileage: 20 (Surly Crosscheck)
February mileage: 20
Year to date: 293

We started February off with a Bang (pshpwwshhhh- This is my attempt at a deflating balloon). It snowed a whole 1/2" in the course of the nighttime. I woke up somewhat bewildered and confused at 4.45 de la madrugada. Then began the 15min wait for the morning TV programs to check the fate of the school system. "2-HOUR DELAY!!!!!!" screamed the local newsies. Fact is, it snowed a bit, so I had the big decision of whether to drive or to ride. Last night I prepped the Crosscheck so I could take advantage of the knobbies. This a.m. I really struggled with whether to ride. I've been physically waking up too early and am just tired, plus I'm nursing a bit of a cold. Henceforth, I puttered around the house for perhaps 30min just puttering. I did work in 10min of meditation in there- I'm trying to change my heathen ways a bit- and at some point I just decided to ride the damn bike to work. So I did. The conditions were pretty good and I had no problems. It's funny to gauge the reactions of coworkers b/c some of them act as though I climbed Mt. Everest before school that morning. The morning was made all the better when I noted the tell-tale signs of a 'sheryl' crossing; her tracks were evident. Had I pussied out and had her ride to work, that would've been somewhat unbearable. Good for her though!

(This red-twig dogwood has been in the ground perhaps two years and has never experienced snow. This is why you plant them, to contrast them with the snow. And to call this snow is sort of a joke, right?)

The afternoon proved pleasant as I took the longer way home via Frankfort Ave. At one point I though I was going to have to take off my balaclava, b/c my head felt like it was on fire. Later, my gloves seemed to suddenly stop working; my hands turned brick-cold. I think it was moisture build-up. Tonight they're forecasting 1/2" more, so we'll see if it's ANOTHER DELAY!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts