Anger + MADLESS

M-Motivation to not just diffuse anger, but to release from it. Free from clinging.
A- Attention to what is causing the anger, both internally and externally.
D- Defuse the Anger somehow, so way. This one is both difficult and easy for me, in that my dense anger defuses quickly, but my attachment to that Anger simmers and lingers for a long time. It's a slow uncomfortable burn.
L- Learn from the situation
E- Empathy for others who may have "angered" you or empathy for yourself
S- Substitution of your anger with something else- Meditation, Walking, Riding, Mindfulness. It's not unlike D I guess, but I might have to listen again.
S- Speaking/Action- Do something about it.

"Studies say" that there is a correlatin with respects to long-term anger management that those who carry the most hostility and anger also are those who seem the most self-absorbed, those who use the most "I, Me, Mine" statements. Absorbed on yourself instead of on the well-being of those around you. Nutritive food for thought.

Comments

Doug said…
I think I use "A" and Substitution the most. I enjoy your posts on Buddhism. I've never studied it, but I seem to live it the most when it comes to some form of thought, religion and philosophy.
LvilleTex said…
I are definitely in the "study" phase as opposed to a practitioner, but my morning or evening mediation does me good, and the more I read, the more I agree with. I've stated on the blog before that I'm older and looking for more balance. Young and angry is one thing, middle-aged and angry is quite different. Thanks.
LvilleTex said…
"I AM..."

Popular Posts