Blog Choices

I started this entry pondering whether to create a new blog that reflected my burgeoning interest in Buddhism, as well as my garden jones that will be firing up pretty soon. I then quickly reflected and realized that those are part of me just as much as cycling or the 'Cats. I like this blog and I like to blog b/c it reflects who I am just as much as it reflects an "activity" or an "interest". It is better in life to not compartmentalize, so why do so in this sphere? Now, some may like to compartmentalize in life, but a person is not a sum of different parts; good nor bad we are a complete whole, however messy that product maybe. Yes, I try to transition from a "work" state of being to a "home" state. Or even transition from a "husband" state to a "dad" state, or a "friend" state. So I choose to not carve off different blogs to reflect different facets and interests. No, I have one blog which represents who I am. Or, as the Buddhists might say, represent the processes that I am. I am not really anything but the collection of perspectives and perceptions of my"self" and of those around me. This Blog is me, the me is a constant state of flux. So bring on the Buddhas and the Buddleia, the Brooks and the Brooklyn.

Comments

Popular Posts