La Brava

Had an interesting and advantageous morning in the truck on the way to work. This week is "big trash week", the time when you put out all your crap that they won't take in the regular trash. I turn the corner and am literally .2 miles from the house when I spy a bike laying on the side of the street in somebody's trash pile. Hmmm... Gotta look, especially at 7 in the a.m. Much to my surprise, what I find lying on the side of the road is an old-school black Bianchi. It was pretty trashed, but still had all appropriate components and parts; they're just trashed.


This is what I put in the truck. After a little websearch, I've come to assume this is a late 80's Bianchi Brava. Interestingly, I immediately placed the bike at the same exact time as my old C'dale b/c both have those shitty-ass Biopace chainrings. Would I rather have a fully celeste green Bianchi? Hell yes, but you can't ignore those celeste moments on this here bike, bottle cage included. It's probably a size larger than I ride. Should I keep it? I'm going to play around a bit before I make any grand decision, but it just screams SingleSpeed/FixedGear. Fact is, it's been done before with this here machine:


This one is obviously ridden by some dumb-ass and much more nimble 24 yr-old. Check out how low the bars are compared to the seat. The Bleriot is a 57, so this one is probably a 58 at least. Too big? I can't ignore the celeste green seat and cables. Did I mention Celeste green accents? How cheaply can I turn it into a fixed-gear? Remember that I bought the 9.2.5., so I'm not completely enmeshed in the fixie ethos. If it's ridable, it's going to happen.

Comments

Doug said…
Nice find!! It would make a really nice SS or fixie, but I'm not sure if it would look as good if it's too big for you? You'll have to make that decision.
Anonymous said…
Shut up and just fix the damn thing. There's nothing shitty about this bike. It's fucking cool! Yes we noticed the green accents, they're in the pictures.

Popular Posts