Schwag and 'Cats

On the bike end, I've received a couple of packages recently to help refine two different machines. Firstly, I extended some patronage to Hiawatha, buying some large SKS (I linked to SB for pic purposes) guardamarros for the LHT. They should do nicely, and I think I'll put them on this afternoon. I also obtained a GillesBerthoud leather mudflap for the Bleriot. That's two bikes tweaked and improved. Next, again from Hiawatha a cheap Panaracer 700c tyre for the Bianchi project. Don't know yet if it's going to be fixie or what, but it needs two new tyres and I only have 1 functional. Jim gave me a good deal. Last week I received a nice pair of the GrandBois 650B tyres from JanHeine. Yummy! I had them stored i the bathroom (still do in fact) and they gave off the best new-tyre smell. I will probably wait until Spring Break to mount them, as I've been enjoying the CdlV's so far. Most, maybe all, comments I've seen about the GBs have been quite positive. I think I'm done for a while buying bike stuff. I've been on a spending spree since the Bleriot, and maybe since the LHT in '05. I have all the bike I need, and at present very much enjoy the set-ups on the respective machines. Long-term I would rather scale back than speed up. At present the LHT is a fine commuting machine, especially when the guardamarros are mounted. And the Bleriot is turning out to be a really nice ride. After that some of the machines are niche machines, but most are reasonable in cost. I wouldn't mind finding a good home for the RB-1, as I'll never get real miles out of it again, I'm afraid. Some may be said for the Blueridge, but I'm more inclined to keep that one, as I can still get good miles out of it. Maybe in needs guardamarros and a Mark's Nice Rack and turn it into an all-purpose machine that it needs to be.

On another, and equally positive note, the 'Cats beat the 'cats last night, staving off some Tubby misery. Good or Bad, if they beat Kansas tomorrow all would be forgiven, I think. Can they? Unlikely, but you never know with this team. They're random good components of a mediocre total product, BUT if the good components came together one night...

And finally, L and I went to see TMNT this morning on some free passes. It was pretty good computer animation and the story held attention. I suggest it for all those folks out there who have children, especially boys, between the ages of 6-12. Outside of that, well, why not?

Comments

Popular Posts