"He's Going the Distance"

Date: April 1 Sun
Mileage: 101 (Bleriot)
April mileage: 101

I couldn't stand it. I had to get out and finally get a "real" ride in, so I hopped on the 9.2.5. fixie and headed out for an epic 2-state century. With only a small bag full of cheddar cheese and some yogurt dots, I headed out, going north out of Louisville and up the river towards Madison. I realized I wasn't going to be able to make it, with the fixie hurting my ability to coast up the hills along the river. So, I found a small boat near Utica, no Hanover, Indiana and set sail back across the river. Once to shore, I enjoyed the 20 mile/hour headwinds coming form the west. They nourished my efforts to make it home in one piece, no peace. Near the end, I stopped to flip flop the hub, using the 42x12 freewheel to spin my way back down River Road.

It was the most epic trip in a while, but it needed to be done. My feet really got tired of the Tevas though. Next time, barefoot.

Comments

Doug said…
Either you put in one heck of a ride or this is an April Fool's? You had me going there!

Popular Posts