RBW Ride

Date: May 20 Sun
Mileage: 22 (Bleriot)
May mileage: 66
Year to date: 816

After a very satisfying morning of coffee and backyard, I jumped on the Bleriot for a toodle. Yet again, I didn't even bother putting on anything "cycling" save a helmet and away I went. One thing I became accustomed to last week in Maysville was the feel of flesh on canvas. that's the say I think I like going glove-less on the Bleriot. The cloth tape has a soft, comfy, solid feel that gloves interrupts. Plus, I even out my arm and hand tan. Things are important, right?

I managed to get a cold a couple days ago, or perhaps it's allergies, but the only thing I had trouble with today was hill climbing. The one significant climb of the day was coming up Indian Trail, and I felt like I had emphysema, not to make light of those who in fact have emphysema. My chest is still bordering on seizure. Otherwise, a great day on the Bleriot (as usual?), and lots of cyclists out. How many would do more of what I did today if they didn't have to go full-on lycra? In looking around, you have the lycra crowd, the fixie hipsters, and the masses on various inexpensive hybrids. And me.

Comments

Popular Posts