#4- No I in Clmb

Date: July4 Wed
Mileage: 20 (RB-1)
July mileage: 82
Year to date: 1028

After spending the morning wasting time online, especially looking at info relating to the iBOB fenomeno and I took the RB-1 out for a shortie today. I've spent so much time on "more comfortable" bikes that the Bridgestone felt positively racy, bending me over in a crooked "egg" shape that surely would break some kind of speed record. Que no! Once situated I again found the RB-1 to be an incredibly stable and intuitive ride, so much so that I could bend through the corners much faster than on my other rigs. Hey, it should be that way. And no, I can't climb, too heavy and too accustomed to triples and midget gears. The smallest gear on the RB-1 is a 40x23. Can you imagine something that big after years spent on the generous LHT, Bleriot or even old 'Dale hybrid? It's the engine, I know, but some extra climbing gears back there would be nice. Am I going to pay any $$ to do so, No. I enjoyed the chance at a different kind of mount, but I'll be spending most of my time on the Bleriot, thanks. I've had thoughts of selling the RB-1 b/c I know it will never be a high-mileage machine for me anymore, but it sure is fun to pull it out of "mothballs" to get the racy legs going. My av. speed wasn't too bad until one of those final hills and the legs went fwhpht. After that it was spin low gear home.

I think if I could get decent $$ for the RB-1 I would sell it. It's in good shape, and save tires, wrap and stem it's all original. And the original stem is laying around in the garage somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts