#6- 29ering

Date: July6 Fri
Mileage: 20 (C'dale 29er)
July mileage: 115
Year to date: 1061

I'm going with the 20-mile mileage credit for today's mountain bike ride. With no computer on the C'dale, there's no real way to calculate save getting a very intense googlemap, but nah. I was out about 1.5 hr and worked pretty hard. I'm alot more tired now than on a standard road ride at the moment. I had wanted to go long, but the good wife had to run bday errands for L, whose party is tomorrow and real day is the 10th. Nothing special to report except:
  • I was much more tentative this time than last on the 29er. I'll live and nothing is broken on me or the bike so that's good.
  • I almost ran into a guy on a trail. It was a pack of 4 "real"-looking mtbikers who were hauling ass coming through a blind corner. I said "My fault" at the pissed look on his face but immediately regretted saying that. It wasn't my fault and no real harm was done. I think one of the reasons for my chicken-shit attitude today was the fear of taking out that same group again somewhere else in the park.
  • I fortunately yielded to pair of girls jogging on one of the trails. Yikes that could've been bad to have plowed into them and have landed poorly...
  • Something on the bike put out a low-level tinny (as in scratching on tin) whine. I personally think it was the front disc brake in some way, but I have NO real clue about the overall mechanics of those- perhaps a misaligned caliper rubbing on the disc .
  • Didn't pack a Camelback, but should've. I'm not even sure my original small CB is functional and the large one is too large for anything save an epic Alpine adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts