Cadel

I certainly would prefer Cadel to Chicken, but quotes like this make me question his character as a patron.
"Unfortunately yes, but you have to play the cards your dealt. Twelve km from home and I am on my own, what am I supposed to do," the Australian complained. "Today I rode to conserve a little. Unfortunately the team hasn't got the budget to hire a rider who can close those gaps for me."
I also heard him complaining about Contador and Rasmussen "ganging up" on him on the previous stage. Dude, if you want to win then you ride people off your wheels. That's how it works.

Concerning the final TT, as follows are the present leaders and time gaps. Some of the pundits have been talking of Chicken needing 3-4min going in, but I disagree entirely:

3. Evans 1.14
5. Klodie + 25"
8. Kasheckin +30"
2. Contador +1.04
4. Leipheimer +1.25
10. Astarloza +1.28
1. Chicken +1.41
9. Kirchen +2.04
6. Sastre +3.47
7. Zubeldia +3.17

Yes, the last one is flat, but Chicken has proven his "methods" for improvement to be sound in this year's Tour. He only lost a minute and change to Evans. Contador proved a better tester, but he seems to be the only one capable to taking the necessary time out, unless Chicken has a monumental meltdown like a couple tours ago (last year's?). Looks like a done deal to me unless something big happens tomorrow. Disco should send George and somebody up the road. Levi should attack. If Chicken follows and catches him, Contador should then attack immediately. Levi doesn't have that spurt, but does have a long-term motor; his only chance is long-range. That's the one thing I've been disappointed in. Popo's support has been great, but Contador and Levi don't provide a 2-pronged attack. Contador sprints and leaves Levi, taking Chicken with him every time.

We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts