The Chicken is cooked

cyclingnews.com

velonews.com

bbc.com

**apparently Rabobank pulled him b/c he lied to the team. He missed the June out-of-competition test supposedly b/c he was in Mexico, but instead he was actually in Italy. oops. guess Disco is suddenly in good shape. yellow jersey w/ Contador. stage wins with Contador and today with Levi. team lead. OR, one of them will go down in the next few days. maybe Bruyneel's genius is not in mileage and preparation but rather w/ how to best managed and mask the pharmacopia that is modern cycling. I watched much of today's stage hoping for a Disco romp. instead naughty Chicken won. now that he's out, my hopes have been realized; Disco is king. but what a hollow victory.

and I haven't ridden for days. the weekend was busy and since then i've just Not.

Comments

Doug said…
I think I have to correct you. You said win for Levi today. Chicken wasn't found guilty of doping, so he keeps the win, doesn't he? He just doesn't get to finish the race.
LvilleTex said…
Yes Doug. I thought about that later. You're correct. He didn't get booted out but rather was removed by his team. It's still all so grimey though.

Popular Posts