LHT-ness


Unfortunately, I'm not meeting Ken's expectation of writing, only typing. Surfing around, I found this pic of a LHT with Scott mt. bars. The catch is I had these bars on a black w/ PINK accents mt bike circa 1991. I received this bike for a graduation present from college, and quite quickly turned it into a commuter to-and-fro to uni classes (pos-bac teaching stuff). I also mounted Avocet Cross-Ks and a rear rack with (now) tiny C'dale panniers. Damn, I liked that bike. It was stolen from the garage we have here now quite a few years ago. The LHT is certainly my fav commuter vehicle, but that C'dale did the job. Like this, I had the full pink, black, and grey wrap job. It would be interesting to take a ride on such a bar now. I think they discontinued it.






Here's another fine LHT from Surlyville.net. Gotta like the green/leather Carradice action and wood fenders. Not sure about the Speedplays, though. Sorta limit the terrain, no?












And to show off the blue model, here is a more standard road version, albeit with rear rack and Brooks.






It'll be school time soon, and more miles on the LHT will commence.

Comments

Popular Posts