"Promoting pedal power"

Nice article in the CJ today about a new bike program in town. Humana, the often fraudulent insurance company, has initiated a bike share program for its employees. With their ID they can borrow a bike for a brief amount of time and return it to the dedicated station in front of their HQs. Hizzhonorforlife waxed poetic, as usual, about what a great idea it would be for the city. Also mentioned is a free-bike program in Lexington, one I was not aware of. The bikes are are Trek Lime(s), I think. That's the one that's fully "automated" with Shimano's coasting package. A pretty good move, if you ask me.

And the ankle is shit. I can walk now without a noticeable limp, but can't imagine doing anything overly ambitious. I caught the back of a sandal on a chair leg last night and it hurt like hell. Sucks to be me. My weight is at an all-time high, so I'm going to watch desserts and chips, but pinche i gotta burn some calories.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry your ankle is still a mess. I've heard it's easier to recover from breaking your ankle than spraining it. Can you do some swimming? That seems like less stress on the ankle but is still exercise.
We're back at school again -- first full day with students is tomorrow.
--Laura
Frostbike said…
I had a friend who screwed her ankle up and couldn't walk properly for almost a year. Here's wishing you a speedier recovery!
Anonymous said…
I went for about 8 months with tennis elbow (from running a chainsaw). I tried a little of this and little of that (including just ignoring it) and nothing helped until I finally took my doctor's advice and went to physical therapy. It has helped tremendously but I really, really really wish I had done it much sooner. I strongly suggest having it looked at.

Popular Posts