Sunday rides, Oh Well

Date: Sept 23 Sun
Mileage: 3 (CC)
September mileage: 72
Year to date: 1479

Date: Sept 23 Sun
Mileage: 6 (CC)
September mileage: 78
Year to date: 1485

Short loop with L dropping off bday announcement to local friend. rode CrossCheck for first time in forever. Crocs prolly aren't the best for such riding. :-) Both boys haven't been on too many rides of late, and both enjoyed themselves yesterday and today. Fall project: More family rides. Maybe I can get the good wife involved. Out in a while for a more substantial ride. Ankle still sucks. Sore most of the time. Will tread gingerly.

Wow, Bummer. just got back from my 2nd ride of the day, and what a disappointment it was. I spent the morning cleaning up the C'dale for sale, and then went over the Crosscheck b/c I was/am ready to ride it. So I took the CC out for what was to be a mixed ride- trails in Seneca, 'cross course at RiverRd CC and finally some gravel down by the river. Instead, just outside the park I flat.?? I couldn't see much on inspection so I guess I pinched flatted, although 35c at 100lbs usually deter that kind of thing. Of course I took no tools with me b/c I was in fact riding 35C at 100lbs, thinking I would have no prob. I scooted over, flat tire a floppin' to meet the fam at Beargrass, as the boys had youth group. The good wife took pity on me, but warned me severely at any bike gunk that might soil her ride. eek. Oh well. Does the thought count?

Comments

Popular Posts