Date: Oct 1 Mon
Mileage: 15.5 (LHT)
October mileage: 15.5
Year to date: 1606

Date: Oct 1 Mon
Mileage: 2+ (Trek 400)
October mileage: 17.5
Year to date: 1618 (This is the # from Duc's Excel program. It's better at math than I)

What a great day on the bike! I almost didn't get out of bed for the a.m. commute. Mondays, you know. I forgot that I was supposed to meet a first-time colleague, first-time that is for her to commute to school. She, let's say 'Tawanda', is a former marathon runner who of course ruined her knees in such a ridiculous endeavour. She didn't show this a.m., but promised yada yada. The morning commute aside from that was just fine. I rambled through the Shelby Pk area a little more today. Really it's da hood but I don't mind in the morning. The afternoon was even better for no particular reason. I felt strong, sort of strong, on the LHT, able to push a slightly bigger gear and able to attack a few hills a little better. Today was my blood tests for my physical this Friday, so I fasted all day. Maybe that's the key. Maybe I just need to eat less and cleanse the system. And I'm being serious about that. I took the LHT to the post office to pick up my package. I'll be adding before and after pics of "the" project. I'm reconfiguring the LHT with drop bars, in this case Nitto Randonneurs purchased off-line from Vik in Canada. Thanks Vik. They're seemingly nice and shiny and I'll be jumping in to that soon, although we're not talking anything extraordinary.
  • Bars- losing the 'Stache and going with Randos. Changing from black cork tape to color undetermined of cloth tape, 2 layers and shellacked.
  • mounting the Tektro interrupter brake levers. The Randos are not overly wide, so we'll go pretty tight to the stem.
  • Stem- that'll be the biggest. I'm going to have to go with something longer than the present so I'm not sitting completely upright. I want a smidgy smidge of bend. At the same time, I want to keep a nice high bar. I have a sneaking suspicion that the LHT is one size too small in the long view, but it's NOT too small, and I'm not complaining.
  • Tires- more and more I think I'm going to try out Conti's new Top Contact, which replaced the Top Touring. They're 1.75", which seems like a good compromise from the enormous 2" Serfas mega tires that are on there right now. Not yet decided, but thinking very strongly.


Finished off the night with a short ride with L to my mom's. She made supper b/c Z is celebrating his 12th. Freakin' Wow! 12 years old. It seems so long ago and so quickly passed by. It was a great meal by mom, a great ride with L and the hope that Z feels loved on his bday.

Comments

Popular Posts