A+

Date: Nov 12 Mon
Mileage: 29 (LHT)
November mileage: 101
Year to date: 2149

What a great commute today, especially this afternoon, No, the whole day. We having a nice window of very clement temps in November, giving me a 57F commute this a.m. and near 70F this p.m. There wasn't a dose of those brilliant fall blue skies, but that's alright b/c the warm, comfy temps made up for it. This a.m. wasn't anything special, but i added a mile or so. the p.m. proved to be the A++ experience. It's supposed to rain most of the rest of the week, probably the back edge of this warm front we had today, so I knew it was time for a little mileage. por otro lado, we had to do some house stuff this evening. my route took me over to 15th street and north towards the river. I think it's one of the best areas of the 'Ville to view the old, hulking remnants of our industrial past: warehouses, grain elevators, old factories with Art Deco office buildings all broken and shattered. Great stuff. Once at the river I turned east along River Road bringing myself to Mockingbird Valley rd. Once there, the route became more interesting. Below is a map of the route I took. To the north of the interstate (I71) you can see a sharp verticle line running in the same direction as the road. This is now an abandon road/path/??. It's always been too wet and muddy to undertake, but today's weather and situation provided me the opportunity to explore this cut-through, brining me first to the back of one of the local parks, and then further to Indian Trails rd.


View Larger Map

I pushed a little further, entering a nature preserve which has a nice lake. Today the lake was empty, strange, and along the path there I got within 20feet of a deer frolicking about. The service road path seemed to dissipate, so I looped the lake on the path and reentered the Indian Hills area, heading towards home through Seneca. Once dude in a too-snug Skittles jersey made a point to rocket ahead of me at the light at Shelbyville/Willis. Ooo, I was impressed!

Great day, and I hope my other fellow commuters had one as well. Sure as hell beats driving the damn car. Tomorrow is calling for rain, but I think wool, a water-resistant jacket and plastic shopping bags can

Comments

Popular Posts