REAL y otra cosa

Random musings on this Xmas eve, or as the Spanish call it, la nochebuena.

  • bought one of these today from REI, a Princeton Tec EOS. It's similar to the BikeLight, but I had some dividend $$ to spend, so it's a better options. I've read that it can be zip-tied to the helmet, so I'll be using it as a backup for the commuter or for the trails as needed.


  • had a great meal at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, courtesy of dad/pawpaw. great stuff. Apps included osso buco ravioli and ahi-ahi. for an entree a NY strip with some kind of crapcake/sauce concoction, mashed potatoes, sweet potato and asparagus, and for dessert a chocolate thing that I can say was one of, if not, THE best dessert I've ever had. To be honest, I would rather donate the $$ to a charity, but I'm not going to bitch at the generosity. my dad told me that this morning leaving the hotel he gave a homeless guy a Benjamin, a $100 bill. We joked that it would buy a whole bunch of booze, but you give unconditionally, right?
  • I'm sure I'm the only one of my dear readers that watched the Superclasico yesterday. It worked great that dad took the boys shopping, so I stayed home and watch the big Real Madrid/Barcelona clasico. Even more heartening was the fact that Real won 1-0 on a golazo by "The Beast" Julio Baptista. Damn, I've become a real futbol fan, and there's nothing better than watching Real beat Barca at the CampNou.
  • We finally found furniture for the new space. I bet we looked at 7 or 8 different furniture stores, and a couple days ago we visited Smith's and found a table/chairs that we both like. As a bonus, we also eyed up a big L-shaped sofa for upstairs. We'll be dropping some big dimes later this week, but it's the first "adult" furniture we've really purchased; up until now it's been all hand-me-downs from parents.
Merry Christmas to all those readers out there. My Christian leanings seem just about gone now, but everyone deserves safety, comfort and a moment's peace.

Comments

Popular Posts