Date: Jan4 Fri
Mileage: 15 (C'dale 29er)
January mileage: 15
Year to date: 15

First ride of the year this morning. NYday we were in Lexington with friends the whole time. The last 2 days have been busy with errands and such. The workers are nearing completion with their portion of the kitchen project, so I've been working around them some. Wednesday was lots of errands and Thursday I had the boys while the good wife was at work. I took the mt.bike over to Cherokee and did trails for about an hour. The trail conditions were good, in that everything was very frozen thereby giving me no mud problems. With the temp around 24F, I had warm everything except feet. My Lake shoes didn't quite have enough room for the toe warmers I bought, so I went with a base wool layer and the Sealskinz over the top. It didn't really work; I had cold toes the whole time.

I wasn't in an agro mood, and if you don't have the fire in the belly then it's hard to really attack the trails. I mostly puttered around and took in the half-frozen creek and the quiet calm that is winter in the a.m.

We're off to Detroit Rock City to see the Pistons and Celtics tomorrow night. Should me a quite a matchup.

Comments

Popular Posts