Warm Commute

Date: Jan 7 Mon
Mileage: 30 (LHT)
January mileage: 45
Year to date: 45

Life is a strange thing with a January commute temp of 64F in the a.m. and 68 in the p.m. Amazing stuff really. Last week I eked out a brief mt.bike ride in cold 24F conditions. I worried about keeping my toes and hands warm. Today, I worried about getting too sweaty on my morning leg, and ended up taking off my windbreaker.

This afternoon I and 'BB' basically did the Portland loop where we encountered gooey mud on the Riverwalk and a barge traveling through the locks. The very warm weather was, of course, brought in by very blustery conditions with solid 20-30mph blowing us to and fro. My knees are aching a bit for overdoing the gearing into the headwinds. I should know better.

Interesting way to start the semester though- near 70F in January. Global Warming anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts