Deportes y Nieve

These are the fichajes for Real this year, all discussed in an article in Marca.com concerning how many bajos there have been- injuries that is. I won't list, but you can read here. From left to right are Robben (Dutch), Saviola?? (Arg.), Pepe (Portuguese), Heinze (Arg.), Metzelder (Ger.), and Sneijder (Dutch). Why do you care? You probably don't, but I like keeping up with something that's not Kentucky losing, steroids in baseball, fat oafish football, dopaje in cycling, or loutish behavior in the NBA. I don't know. It sure is fun in Spain.

And speaking of los 'Cats. I'm sure my faithful readers saw that result last night, UK defeating #3 Tennessee by6. Gotta love it!! Maybe Billy G is finally molding them a bit into the unit he wants. They play MissSt. and Florida close on the road, so we'll see. I'm not, repeat NOT, a fair-weather fan, but when they're playing badly it destroys my innermost being.

I'm going to list the numbers from the last few days, but I'm not ready to blog them really. It finally snowed, a while 1"!! I know the northern crowd is damn excited. I rode in the snow to work Tuesday. I later experienced lots of black ice on driveways and parking lots and such Tuesday night, so I didn't ride today. I feel good about that decision too. Pics to come, though I don't know the quality.

Date: Jan 21 Mon
Mileage: 2 (9.2.5.)
January mileage: 188
Year to date: 188

Date: Jan 22 Tues
Mileage: 13 (Redline Monocog- aka 'Snowbike')
January mileage: 200
Year to date: 200

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm still waiting for a real snow day. We had a couple of inches last Thursday afternoon, which melted instantly when the snow changed over to rain in the evening. It was truly beautiful, though, at our new house/neighborhood, not the slushy grey mess that is Philly snow.

It's okay not having a snow day in January, but I'll be ticked off if there's not one in February. Snow days are a gift, a period of time you hadn't planned on that allows you to just enjoy the day. (Sounds kind of Buddhist, doesn't it?)
--Laura
Doug said…
Tex...I know you were swaying me towards the Atlantis, but it just isn't in my budget this year. Today I called up Jim at Hiawatha. He's ordering me a LHT. I'll drive down to the cities in mid-February to pick it up in person. Can't wait!!

Popular Posts