Road Focus

Date: Jan 18 Fri
Mileage: 18 (Bleriot)
January mileage: 174
Year to date: 174

Another commute on the Bleriot today. I'm trying not to make it too habit forming, but damn I love the Bleriot. It's proven to be a great commuter this week since the shifting on the LHT went kaput. I need a warm day to flush out the drivetrain on the LHT, but it's only getting colder. I don't know what my winter bike friends do to keep drivetrains clean. Actually, I do. They ride minimally-geared bikes instead of using 24x. This morning was about 23F or so. I was slightly underdressed and chilly, so I busted ass and rode hard all the way to work. It worked like a charm. I managed to warm up and get a good workout in. I guess we're all looking for those fleeting good-legs days. This afternoon, at 37F, was pretty clement in the sun. I can't seem to get my layering quite right, always underdressing and keeping myself too cold. Bitch bitch. As you can see, I'm not Doug who relishes below 30F. I got 4 days in this week, though. I'll take that.

I did notice on my afternoon commute that the cold brought me a certain meditative focus. B/c it's not so nice to look around and take it all in and relish the bunnies and flowers, I found myself pedaling and not much more. I wasn't negative, but just focused on pedaling and the rhythm of it. No extraneous enjoyable distraction. Just riding. sorta liked it actually.

Comments

Popular Posts