Let it snow?

Date: Feb 11 Mon
Mileage: 17.5 (Trek400)
February mileage: 98
Year to date: 368

Ah, the fresh exhilaration of the cool, no, cold winter air! I made a ride today that I would never have done 3 years ago. All these MN blogs, much less Doug and Jill's amazing wintry feats, have inspired me to ride in conditions previously thought un-doable. This morning I rode alone with temps around 12F. I bundled up pretty well and felt comfy except for feet. I wore a stripped wool/plastic bag/thick wool sock combo that left me cold digits after 25min or so. Suddenly I realized that I had purchased miraculous 'lady slippers' not long ago, but forgot completely about them. Tomorrow, I will use them to full effect. This afternoon I rode part of the way with 'sheryl' for the first time in a while. She was less bundled than I and apparently was cold as hell. Once she peeled off I went towards the parks and hit a few hills to warm up.

This afternoon may be bringing a 'snow event'. Mind you Northerners, we haven't had a sleddable snow in 3 years. The younger L is now 8 and hasn't had a "real" sled in that time. Ridiculous. Here in the mid-south/mid-midwest we have many a "wintry mix". Today, though, they upgraded us from 1"-3"+rain to 4"-8" legit. It was sorta fun feeling my first flakes with a kilometer from home. Hopefully tomorrow will mean sledding for the boys, a snow ride for me, and no school for all.

Comments

Doug said…
My mission has been accomplished. I've proven that if doug can do it, anyone can do it! Keep it up.

Nothing better than anticipating a snow day! An unexpected free day to do what ever you want to do!
Frostbike said…
Riding in the winter? Y'all must be crazy. :p

Popular Posts