more errands

I'm slowly climbing out of my tennis stupor. We had our big tournament and finally defeated the 'evil empire' (Laura, that's St. X for you), the team that hadn't lost regionals for 26 years.

That said, the schedule is slowly freeing up for me and us time instead of school and tennis time. 'L' had his 2nd-to-last soccer game today and played great, scoring a really nice goal at the start of the 2nd half. He then went straight to baseball where he arrived in time to have 1 at bat before the end of the game, an at bat where he got a single up the middle. And then he had snake time!

It's nearly perfect here, 75F and sunny, so after some front stoop time I took the LHT on a circuitous route to the grocery store for some supper grill out fixins'. With $4 gas and a lack of miles in the legs, I want to make this summer a car-free/car-reduced one here in the 'Ville. Although I have no numbers, anecdotally it sure seems there are more bikes on the streets these days, many of which are functional ones instead of sport lycra rigs. I might go back out for something a bit more substantial, but what I did felt great.

5m/475yr

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on beating St. X! You must have felt great...

And congrats to L -- he must be excited (and pretty coordinated). Our lad seems to be very uncoordinated, but we're keeping him active with swimming lessons, plus he runs around and plays on the neighbor's trampoline.

I'm hoping gas gets more expensive and encourages people to use public transportation (or bike). I'm hoping to take the SEPTA train myself most of the time next year. Of course, a hot, humid L'ville summer is not ideal for cycling, but I'm sure you're used to it. :-)

--Laura
Doug said…
Any interest in converting one of your current bikes to an Xtracycle. If you want to go car-free, that's the way to go!!
LvilleTex said…
Tempting Doug. I'll have to consider that. I assume a mt.bike is best?

Popular Posts