Long Hollow Road

I'm absolutely wasting my time on the computer, but at the same time I found an amazing resource, at least one to use to explore very desolate, outoftheway KY roads. I've been planning a 'mixed-terrain' ride out of Casey Co. when I take Z to camp next week. I've had some trouble b/c the KY state maps don't agree with googlemaps or yahoomaps. The state map shows Slate Hill road as ending before reaching Long Hollow Rd. I need that as the cut through. While beating around state gov't sites I find this interactive map, much like googlemaps, but one that includes so much more territory than googlemaps. I don't know about your homestead, but googlemaps (and yahoomaps) don't include such detail of rural KY areas. This map does. On this enhanced map below, you can see Slate Hill Rd. ending not too many yards before reaching the other. I also seem some dirt/gravel paths that may connect. Will I get mowed down by a 12-gauge? Will I be attached by vicious dogs? Can I make the connection? Aside from this one spot, these rides are in the 40m range, and include 'mixed terrain' and some nasty steep knobs climbs. I may like the mystery of the map more than the suffering of the ride, but the pics afterwards would be fun, wouldn't they?

Comments

Apertome said…
That looks like a lot of fun indeed! For stuff like this I like to use a DeLorme Atlas and Gazetteer for the state in question. They don't show everything and they're not always 100% accurate though, just like any other map. I'd look this up on a Kentucky one if I had that one.

Ultimately you never know until you get there.
LvilleTex said…
My Delorme shows the road as being there, but I have my doubts. I think I'm going to find out Monday. Otherwise, I may be doing some cross-country trekking. Just hope I don't make anybody mad.

Popular Posts