rent-a-bike

nice to see the mainstream press giving bicycle transpo a plug. Jon Wertheim, whose articles I enjoy reading on sportsillustrated.com, gave Paris' rent-a-bike program a positive plug (read half way down). Maybe he's a complete bike nerd, but maybe he's just "Joe columnist" who sees a better way than $4.00/gallon gas burning away in fat SUVs.

BTW, 'Z' and I rode to church this a.m., a mile up (and to Breadworks for coffee and scones) and 2 miles home via the "flat route".

Date: June 8 Sun
Mileage: 3 (9.2.5. fixie)
June mileage: 131
Year to date: 712

Oh, and did you get a whiff of that NadalvFederer score? 6-1 6-3 6-0? that's the worst I've seen Roger beaten in years and years. The king is dead...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job biking this weekend! Here it's ungodly hot and humid, so I'm not sure how much cycling I'd do even if I had a bike...
Today was also the big bike race (formerly known as Core States -- can't remember what it's now called). It must have been brutal.

--Laura

Popular Posts