Riverwalk South

Date: June 16 Mon
Mileage: 4 (C'Check)
June mileage: 221
Year to date: 819

Date: June 17 Tues
Mileage: 53 (Bleriot)
June mileage: 274
Year to date: 872

My route today was very similar to an after-work epic I pulled off last November near by bday. I had business to do at school, so I rode the 7 miles there on the Bleriot. After pushing paper,I headed out, going through the West End and taking the newer southern portion of the Riverwalk. The section along Campground Rd. was shit, full of rocks, glass and metal. It's the same old, same old, wherein the 'gubment' spends on the initial infrastructure, but doesn't do the follow through. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many flats along this section. The aroma was particularly ripe along Rubbertown. I wouldn't be surprised there weren't high cancer rates in the area.

I'm tired. I'm going to finish tomorrow. These pics are from the 2nd portion of the ride, well, the middle portion of the ride, after the first portion, but before the 3rd portion when I got tired and stopped taking pics.


Bleriot at end of useless trail. The path forks left, going towards some type of scenic overlook. Instead, it just randomly ends in this cul-de-sac littered with glass. If I were a redneck I would drink here. If I were a rapist I would...

Mystery road going into the Milltown electrical plant. Is this where they carry the bodies?

I took a pic of this in November, but I still like this bridge.

Mill Creek, which looks nice from afar but damn scary up close.

Farnsley-Moorman backside. This is better than the front IMHO.

Side facing river. Needs some shrubs.

A view sitting in a vine-draped bench in the garden, overlooking the garden and the Bleriot in the distance leaning against an old windmill, and next to an old water pump. This has it all.

Farnsley-Moorman front yard overlooking river.


This appears to be some type of dock or overlook, but now it looks post-apocalyptic. Someone didn't look at their flood charts before putting $$ into this. It very much reminds me of Planet of the Apes, when Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty along the coast.

Comments

Apertome said…
Great photos! That Bleriot sure is sweet. I'm envious.

I especially like the electric plant shot, the Bleriot with the flowers and tower, and that mud-covered deck. Crazy stuff!

Popular Posts