Vamos Furia!!

Spain dominated Russia this afternoon in the Euro '08 semi. Damn, that was a fine 2nd half to watch. It's sort of fun to read all the "underperforming", "monkey on their backs" talk about Spain, all of which is true, of course. They began the tourney as potential favorites and the question was whether they could rise to expectations after no doing so many times. In this semi they certainly did. The first score from Xavi from a pass from Iniesta was one of beauty. Then they took Torres out after he flopped through 5 or 6 legit scoring opportunities. I started gripping b/c Guiza, to me, doesn't even look like he can dribble. 'Z' the elder then said, "dad, you know he'll score in 5 minutes, don't you?". And what happened? Guiza scored a purty volley just 5 minutes later. The back line even looked good. Sergio Ramos certainly played to his abilities and Puyol seemed very industrious. I would say Russia had only 2 or 3 legit scoring chances, and Iker only had to make one real save. Such a satisfying game. Man of the match? It has to be Cesc. He just dominated the entire 2nd half, setting up the 2 goals and controlling the midfield. I know what I'll be doing Sunday afternoon.

And do you think ESPN is happy about their "Championships" coverage, Wimbledon meaning? Roddick out. Blake out. Sharapova out. Davenport injured and out. Djokavic and his attitude out. They almost lost Ivanovic too, but she saved it 10-8 in the 3rd. I just hope we have a Rafa/Roger final, or the men's draw is a total loss. As for the women, as long as there are Williams sisters the American market will have something, but their snippy attitudes turned me off a long time ago.

But, hey, the Tour starts soon.

And I have a massive case of poison ivy on my foot in between my toes. I'm not sure what course of action I can/should take to keep it from spreading.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd wear socks for a few days just to keep the sap from getting in your shoes and helping it spread. There are a number of different treatments you can use. The best one my husband found contained nonoxynal-9 -- yes, a spermicide apparently helps stop the itch of poison ivy. Who knew?
--Laura

Popular Posts