'Cross and Commute

Date: September 21 Sun
Weather: 88F
Mileage: 20+2
September mileage: 249
Year to date: 2016

Date: September 22 Mon
Weather: 90F
Mileage: 13
September mileage: 262
Year to date: 2029


My Monterey/Escondida entry took me quite a while b/c of the pics, so I'm feeling less wordy, but on Sunday I did my first 'cross ride in quite a while. I dropped 'L' off at youth group and took a warmup ride to RiverRoadCC/ChampionsPk to the 'cross venue. There I rode pretty damn hard for a good 45min, much of it pushing intervals with an occasional recovery spin. That course is so great for outofshape monkeys like me b/c there are no climbs, only all out flats with plenty of sand and some run-ups to boot. I felt great after finishing the ride, but today the legs and shoulders are both wearier than usual. I'm going to try and get a 'cross training ride in per/week with thoughts of racing the final 'cross race of the season in late Oct. or Nov.

Today I commuted on the LHT with 'BB' both trips. I was tired in the morning both from a tough 'cross session Sun. and a funky night's sleep. I was no better, if not worse in the p.m. Neither 'BB' nor I had much in the legs and I did the shortest commute possible.

Comments

Popular Posts